Slovak Organization for Research and Development activities (SOVVA) is a non-governmental organization of nationwide competence established to promote R&D development in Slovakia by means of improving R&D capacities, bridging the academic and commercial areas while utilizing international experience and contacts. Since 2007 our team has worked with hundreds of Slovak scientists and many research institutions from academia, industry, innovative companies, government, local self-government and foreign institutions.
- science communication and popularisation, main organizer of Researchers´ Night since 2007
- providing comprehensive solutions and know-how in the fields of R&D
- providing range of services in building R&D infrastructures including labs, research centers and science parks
- advising on public policies and science policies or setting up communication strategy
- participating in publishing the news portal www.science.sk which is focusing on the popularisation of science in Slovakia
7th EU Framework Programme in Slovak Republic:
In 2011, SOVVA was selected by Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic to be the coordinator of the FP7 Support Structures in Slovak Republic. The aim of the coordination activities was not only to provide technical support and disseminate the latest information from European Commission across the country but to spread knowledge, experience and skills needed to increase participation and success of Slovak entities in FP7.