The European Commission published a report that provides an overview of the most important points of public consultation on the modernization of EU higher education systems. The results of the consultation are the basis for specific initiatives related to higher education and will set the direction of future EU strategy for modernizing higher education.
Respondents to the consultation identified a range of areas where more work at EU-level could add value:
- Support for increasing the labour market relevance of higher education
- Provision of comparable information: here, there is considerable support for the EU helping to improve our collective knowledge of higher education systems and the transparency of the outputs and outcomes they produce.
- Support for cooperation between higher education institutions.
- Support for additional mobility of students, staff and researchers.
- Promotion of academic recognition.